HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got 2 More Stands Hung What a day.
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 05:39 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Default Got 2 More Stands Hung What a day.

It wasnt an easy task being 87 deg with no wind but got 2 more stands hung. I hung one of my stands about 25 yards from the big scrape zone that I mentioned in another post. Found a nice white oak to hang the stand in. Had to do a ton of triming to the oak and to a small tree directly between me and the scrape zone, but it looks like a great setup and shows some pretty promising signs.
The second stand was a ladder stand that I frequent often during the early and mid season. Everything was going great until, my friend that was helping me said he got stung. So jokingly I told him to keep his hands out of the be hive....he then started to run...and shouted he had gotten stung again. I started to get concerned. There were no bees up by me so it wasnt anything I was doing that was disturbing them while I was securing the stand, I looked down and wouldnt you know it, the bees are coming out of the stabilizer bar. WTF! We came 1/2 mile down the road, across a 60 acre field bouncing around, then down through the woods bouncing around some more, taking things in and out of the JD Gator banging things around, then back through the woods, around the field, bouncing around again, takign the stand and everything else out of the Gator, assembling the stand. leaning it against the tree, attaching stabilizer to stand, and to tree, strapping it to the tree, and nothing even budged, not one bee the entire time until I was at the top of the stand. These bees were pissed but were staying near the stabilizer flying in and out of it. Just then I realized oh crap how am I getting out of here. There was still about 1 1/2 hours of light left, I was damned if I was sitting there till dark. So I did what any other normal guy would do...I climbed down to about 10-12 feet and jumped away from the stand, tucked and rolled, got up and got out of the edge of woods and to the Gator. All that time from the time we left the farm to the time we hung the stand and we never knew the bees were there. Anyone no real harm done and noone got hurt too seriously and all in all we had a great time. I cant wait to hunt the river stand.