HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 870 slug gun problems
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 05:12 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

12 guage slug guns kick like a mule.if your rings are suspect i would get some basic good steel rings. something like weaver grand slams . if this is a new barrel make sure you clean it good. if you put 2 or 3 boxes downrange without cleaning you could have some nasty build up. i like jb bore paste to smooth out any burrs in the rifling. i had a mossberg 20 guage slug barrel that shot great after trying that stuff.it shot all over the place before that. finally make sure you shoot off a solid rest. because of the kick on a set up like that you can get lazy and develope a little flinch. i love to use the led sled rest without the weight bags to let it recoil. . it allows you to dial in the correct height and left-right and keeps everything steady as can be.also tapping into the receiver isint gonna make it more accurate since the barrel is removable. the cantelever is attached directly to the barrel making it a better choice. i thinks its rare to get a bad barrel but it does happen. i would send it back if your not happy.

Last edited by liquidorange; 08-05-2009 at 05:17 PM.