HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Colone
Thread: Colone
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:11 PM
mohunter82
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by elgallo114
In all seriousness, would you say that routine has helped much? I mean, what is the difference in numbers of deer seen since you started doing this vs. before?

I'm considering doing this as well. Right now, I just use a scent killer and didn't want to spend the money and effort for all that if it didn't make too much of a difference. I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible.
Without a doubt! i have completely changed my routine. I used to see a few deer a year. last year i had 6 bucks within bow range. i went from seeing bucks to getting close to bucks. i can now stalk to within 15 yards of bucks if the wind stays decent. my closest encounter is currently 8 yards. last year i had deer walk completely around the base of the tree i was in.

think about how many bacteria sit in your mouth. especially as early as we get up and rush around sometimes. anything i can do to give me a couple extra seconds to calm that deers nerves is something that will help me be successful.

as for Cologne. i would like to know what distance he is killing these deer at. if its at like 75 yards with a rifle then the cologne has very little effect. if its with a bow under 30 yards im calling bs