HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Colone
Thread: Colone
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 AM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by elgallo114
In all seriousness, would you say that routine has helped much? I mean, what is the difference in numbers of deer seen since you started doing this vs. before?

I'm considering doing this as well. Right now, I just use a scent killer and didn't want to spend the money and effort for all that if it didn't make too much of a difference. I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible.
I truly believe the more scent free you try to make yourself, the more deer you will see. It's worked for me all these years. Some will say just hunt the wind. That's okay when you have a wind blowing in one direction, but the problem is, most of the time wind is variable. It could blow from any direction at any time. I'm prepared just in case this happens. I'm not saying my scent has never spooked deer, but I've been far more successful because of all my scent free preparation. As for the cost, it's not that bad at all. You can buy all the detergent, deodorant, baking soda, and soap you need for a whole season for $50 to $60. I buy the Arm & Hammer unscented deodorant at Walmart instead of the hunting brands. It's the same thing and it costs a whole lot less. The weeds and pine needles are free.