HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Colone
Thread: Colone
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 AM
elgallo114
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
You all go ahead and try it this hunting season and let me know how you did. I'll just stick to showering in scent free soap, washing my clothes in scent free detergent, brushing my teeth with baking soda, and rubbing weeds and pine needles on my clothing before I get into my stand.

In all seriousness, would you say that routine has helped much? I mean, what is the difference in numbers of deer seen since you started doing this vs. before?

I'm considering doing this as well. Right now, I just use a scent killer and didn't want to spend the money and effort for all that if it didn't make too much of a difference. I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible.

As for cologne, I definitely never thought of trying that. Not sure I would. Think of it this way, why would the industry market all the products to kill your scent, or make you smell like something they know, if they were so curious to strange smells? If that worked so well, you'd think someone would have marketed that and figured out the scent they are attracted to the most that's not natural to their environment.