HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - got some tracer lighted nocks!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

I'm not so happy with the Easton Tracer nock.

Here's a video tutorial I did on them last season.

CLICK ME FOR VIDEO:

It worked perfectly in the video but only worked 50% of the time out of the 82nd. Not sure if the 82nd was too fast for it, too much KE or what but it did not light 100% of the time.

Sometimes it lit after it hit the target, sometimes not at all.

Here's where my problem lies. I'm sure they are better in a carbon arrow where the fit is better however, I used them in an XX78 with a fatter diameter. Problem is, the nock slips in smooth and then is smaller than the diameter of the arrow there for the nock has no support. The first one I used, the one you see in the video broke. The circuitry broke away from the battery.

I wrote Easton with my concerns in a very articulate and elegant email and I got a generic response that they would replace the unit. Fine, so I got a new Tracer nock (replacement) and I sent the one I had back, on my dime.

The replacement worked on the Halloween buck I shot and then I deactivated it. I took it to IL where I found out it was illegal to use so I left in the truck. (EDIT: Recently I learned they may NOT be illegal in IL) I, just the other day went to test it and it's completely dead AGAIN! Don't know if the battery died (when deactivated) or it's broke again. I rightly now don't care and won't try Easton again. I'll be looking to test another brand.

Thumbs Down to the Easton Tracer Nock.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 08-01-2009 at 04:45 PM.