HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Walk through it, or go around it?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Jeff:

I honestly don't care how you do it. If you think deer won't bed in corn....then you're on your own.

I was trying to help you. I don't need the confrontation.

Give 'em hell.

p.s. Link me to the article that tells the hunter to hunt a corn field edge in the AM and to enter through the middle of the corn.
Confrontation...wasnt even close. I am just looking at my best options, and myself...I will probably, well in most occasions, do the opposite what you do. Your scenarios are not the same as mine, and vice versa.

The shortest point from A-B is my goal, and without laying down a mile long scent and several wind directions, I may very well sneak in through them when they are still standing. Its giving me cover, and theres a 10-1 chance I will bump a deer in there. The on the perimeter may be 20% higher, who knows..

When they are cut and thined out, different game plan. I wanted to hear others opinions, which happened, but your posts seemed to be adament about your ways and styles...and I wish you the best.

Thanks for the replies, and I stated in a previous post on this thread, it will more than likely be trial and error. Never been out there bowseason to see whats standing, but the corn is fricking giving my best cover to get in, without walking 2 miles around it and leaving scent all over the perimeter. I may lay off until later in the bowseason, as I have other leases, but this being a new one, and the great agriculture this year I wanted to give it a shot. I stated above that I am playing bus stop dad, and my hunts are limited to morning....just looking for advice fellas.

Yours is taken Jeff, but you really need to stop trying so hard to be the devils advocate to posts. I respect your methods and wont ever sit here and suggest how you should hunt my ways. Im successful in my choices....you?