HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about the new Muddy Sticks
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
ambush2

Default Tree Saddle

I have been hunting out of a saddle for 5 hunting seasons and will never hunt from a conventional tree stand again. I will give some reasons why I like the saddle so much.

* Light weight 2lbs. and fits in my day pack or I can wear it to my hunting location.
* Carrying a bulky heavy tree stand around sucks, especially thru a swap or heavy cover.
* I can setup an unlimited amount of trees and use only on tree saddle.
* A major advantage is the fact that you can be sure your stand will be there when you arrive because it is always with you.
* When properly adjusted the saddle is very comfortable, and acts as its own safety belt, and is almost impossible to fall out of once properly fastened to the tree.
* Another form of mobility is the ability to adjust to circumstances. If you find a hot scrape area or fresh rub line it is no problem to quietly set up and hunt in a matter of minutes if you take a set of steps with you.
* The saddles "specific" mobility, makes it possible to shoot a full 360 degrees around most trees.
* You can keep the trunk of the tree that you are in between you and the deer. As a non-targeted deer approach you slowly ease your way around the trunk, out of sight of the deer. This keeps your silhouette from sticking out from the tree. This is especially important in pressured areas where deer tend to look for hunters in trees.
* When I go out of state or hunt a new area I can easily set up 3 trees without going back to the vehicle and getting another stand and I don't have to carry around a stand while setting up.
* Shooting from the saddle is easy you should practice shooting from the saddle prior to the season to get the feel for it.
*Another major advantage is general mobility, or the ability to hunt almost any tree in the woods. It is no longer a question of finding a tree to hunt out of, but finding the right spot and making a tree work.

I hope this helps answer any question about the saddle. I use the ambush tree saddle it is made of a mesh like material it is light weight,easy to clean, and rolls up easily so I can fit it in my day pack.