HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What brand ATV recommended for food plots?
Old 08-14-2003, 09:29 AM
Gabe
Spike

Default RE: What brand ATV recommended for food plots?

I have a 02 grizzly 660 and a 5*6 trailer, I load the trailer up with my disc ( home made about 400lbs), a seed spreader, a 4*6 piece of fence, lime, fertilizer, seed, and a cooler full of drinks, and sometimes a buddy or two. I can surely tell it is there when all loaded up but I have never had any trouble geting were I' m going. I also use it to disc in the swampy area' s of our pasture. I am thinking about getting a pull behind mower as well. As for price you get what you pay for. As for the rubucon I don' t think it could handle the load as well as the grizzly, but it is better in deap water(3ft +) because the griz is belt driven and the honda has a trans. no mater what you get make sure it have a fan and some type of cooling system or you won' t be able to do any type of food plot work other than spreading seed. Just my opinion, hope this helps you. By the way a disc that will actually work the soil behind a fourwheeler cost $600 +++. the ones cheaper than that barely scratch the ground.

Got any ??? about the grizzy fire away.
Hit em in the engine room, Gabe