HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2G sold out
Thread: 2G sold out
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Rem1100
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cvtrapper
That means we shouldn't have any out of staters hunting does in these 3 WMUs.
I don't know if this statement is a boast, or not..but if it is:
I have no plans on hunting doe here in my own home state(WV) so I know I'll not be going to other states to hunt doe. what bothers me is the attitude that humans who live across an imaginary boundry line drawn on a map, and whos' dollars are of equal value as those whos' states the deer are in, have not the same priveledge to hunt those deer. it's just wrong in so many ways, to say that non-resident hunters aren't allowed to hunt anywhere that residents are allowed to hunt. I used to feel bad towards Pa/Md/Ohio hunters who came across that imaginary line and hunted our deer without mercy on the herd. if they bought the licenses, then they took to the hills and hunted.now, I see it from a un-selfish position, they are Americans who have the same right to priveledges offered to residents... and they should.
Sad to say that after 40+ years of hunting, certain attitudes are still prevelent in this sport... and selfish jealousy about hunting areas/ game limits/ or even to have the priveledge offered at all, is a horrible thing to have.you'll find that attitude across every state line you cross, and it's wrong. think about it... we can salute the same flag, honor the same Independence Day, even wear the same uniforms in foreign countries, but we don't want "them" hunting over here....Sorry for the rant, but it's about time the sport and heritege(sp) of hunting gets past all that trivial foolishness... we're ALL Americans in pursuit of North American wildlife....

sign me:
Rem100...
25th Inf Div vet... and...
lover of the ENTIRE nation and what each state has to offer....