HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A pic of woods
Thread: A pic of woods
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 PM
R.S.B.
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
The experts who are managing our herd disagree with you, but of course you and RSB know more than the experts.

No the deer did not destroy the habitat, they just altered it. The habitat is still capable of supporting 70 DPSM and the only thing that is preventing that from happening is the antlerless harvests.

Wrong again sport. The discussion is about whether the habitat is limiting the herd , not whether we should have 8 DPSM at the biodiversity CC or 40 deer at the MSY carrying capacity.

BTW, should all of our WMUs be managed at the biodiversity CC like 2G?
I don’t profess to know more then experts, but I also know that the experts don’t disagree with me. I talk with those experts about these subjects pretty frequently so I know what they have to say and they know what I have to say. We agree about nearly all aspects of the deer/habitat inter-relationships and also about the habitat being the real limiting and often controlling factor on deer numbers.

I also see that according to you the number of deer we should have is now at 70 per square mile. What happened to the figure of 100 per square mile you where demanding yesterday? Or, what about the quote you used from the report snippet that said that 30 deer was the limit of the natural carrying capacity? Are you having trouble figure out what numbers you want believe in just the two past days, or have you lost your mind?

R.S. Bodenhorn