HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fur prices
Thread: Fur prices
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
cvtrapper
Spike

Originally Posted by wyheadhunter
hello cvtrapper and while we are tossing out b.s. flags I would like to toss one out for you (and all prices are about the same in all of the states). but your b.s. flag is a good one because I forgot to add in the $20 we get for bounty on our coyotes on top of fur price. that would make them a $35 average and change. We aint real good trappers and concentrate on cats mainly. the rest are incidentals so the numbers are low for what you probably catch. our main target is cats and we held them till the end of the season for our buyer which I am sure cost us. we sold the rest as we got fur put up to pay for gas and got better prices early than we did late when the fur was better. I also forgot that we sold one fox to taxidermy and that brought our average up some. two of our fur buys throughout the season, for our fox coon coyotes and badger i cannot remember there names but can tell you one was out of northern Colorado and the other out of Utah. the third buyer we sold to was Petzka out of Nebraska. The cats at the end of the season we held for man named Don Judkins of Fort Benton Furs, out of Orofino ID. He is a really nice man and honest, You can call him for questions but dont know if he will give you what you want as he seems to be an honest and respectable man. I am sorry if you dont average what most that put there furs up well average around these parts as now I know that (all prices are ABOUT the same in all states) maybe you dont put your fur up and sell green? maybe you lack a little in fur handling? I dont know and dont pretend to. I do know that we aren't real good trappers but I can tell you that we put 150% into fur handling to make sure we squeeze every dollar out of the precious critters we harvest. And I do believe that our cat buyer will back us up to the hilt on that.

What you posted was mis-leading. There was no mention on bounties or on saling to private owners and there is no mention in bobcats in your post. So the average you posted was not real sale to the dealer average prices. That was very mis-leading to the person who wanted to know what fur prices was. So BS was appropriate to call. I talked to trappers from your state on Tman forum. Some of the best on there and no way did they get them kind of averages from their fur. Don't believe me.Post on there your average for those critters and get ready for alot of BS flags to go up.