HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Registered Lab got Bred by a pitbull please Help
Old 07-22-2009, 01:27 AM
daughenbaugh hunter
Spike

Default My Registered Lab got Bred by a pitbull please Help

well my Full blooded hunting dog chocolate Lab Kelbi 2 yr old, was in heat few mos ago. My young son let her out to use the bathroom she jumped the picket fence and got pregnant. Now she had a litter of 11 pups 9 males 2 females. and 3 have a white marking on their chest. there is a loose pitbull who is full black with white marking on his chest and tip of tail. i have 2 chocolate colored and the rest are black out of this litter. So im thinking more than likely he is the father. My female pup has the same white chest and tip on tail. now they are 14 days old and the look like Pits and labs im not sure if it is too early to tell though.
Now my ? is this i am keeping 2 of them the 2 chocolate ones. Will they be as good to hunt as their mother, does the pitbull in them change this. will they be able to swim as well etc? I searched on internet i cant find answer. they call them labrabulls. so anyone with advice please help william daughenbaugh