HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Little Something. 9 things wrong with hunting shows
Old 07-17-2009, 07:00 AM
gmil6184
Typical Buck

For many of the reasons listed above I've grown very picky as to which hunting shows I watch. One of my pet peeves is when they find the deer, act shocked ("holy cow! there he is!" *yelling screaming, high fives*) and then when they get up to the deer there isn't a drop of blood on it and the tongue isn't hanging out - so clearly they found the deer, cleaning it up to make it more tv worthy (which isn't a bad idea per se) and then acted like they were shocked to find it.

I also agree that pushing the products goes a little overboard at times, but i understand that it is a business. It just seems to me they could push the products during the commercials and leave the show focused more on the actual hunting aspect.

Overall I think the Primos guys are far and away the best in the business, although I've watched the first two episodes of this season's Heartland Bowhunter and have been very impressed. Most of the other shows are hit or miss