HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My new bow.
Thread: My new bow.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Bernie P.
Nontypical Buck

Default My new bow.

Here's a pic of the 08 Bowtech General I just got last week-

I had these installed Monday-
QAD Hunter rest.
PSE 5 pin sight/light;It's actually made by Truglo.
Trufire Buckle release.
PSE carbon arrows.

My initial impression of this rig in a word- WOW!
It draws very smoothly.The weight builds up very quickly but I'm already accustomed to it.At first I was a little concerned about that but it's really no big deal.I think one of it's greatest attributes is how quiet it shoots.Much quieter than anything else I'm familiar with outside of recurves/longbows.I believe this is very important when shooting at game as skittish as whitetails.Just that much less chance they'll jump the string/duck the arrow.Some of the reviews I've read say it's not as fast as some but it's plenty fast enough.The pins are set at 15 yd intervals.It shoots flat enough that a few yards distance errors should not be a problem if you pick one pin to high or low.At least not out to 45 yds or so.The QAD rest works like a charm.Here again some reviews said it didn't drop away fast enough but I've not experienced that.The use of a release is something entirely new to me.A little weird at first but I'm getting use to it.These last few day's have been the first I've shot a compound in years.I haven't shot my trad bow since last summer.I can hardly believe how easy it is to shoot this bow well.It's very forgiving.I only have maybe 60-70 shots through it so far but already I can shoot it well out to 45 yds.Beyond that my accuracy was starting to fall off a bit but I was getting a little tired by that point and the sun was bearing down so I knocked off.Anyway I thought I'd just share my early impression with you all.If your in the market for a new bow I'd urge you to try this one if you can.It looks like Bowtech has dropped it for 09.Big mistake IMO.It's a VERY sweet shootin bow!!!!