HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .270WSM round for whitetails
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

All do respect all the research in the world won't matter squat if your rifle won't print the ammo..unfortunately the only way is to invest & let the rifle do the talking. FWIW I believe whole hearted in researching however their comes a time where the reading, researching must give way to trial and error. I'm sure you've found this to be true with your bow (s)??? IME as a reloader the TSX has performed very well in a variety of rifles. If you ever used barnes in the past or heard the stories about them being picky, the TSX's are an entirely different animal - low fouling and accurate.

In terms of the BT I have yet to witness the explosion often talked about on the net or at the range. Yes they can be destructive at high velocity (+2900fps) but even then its never caused me any troubles in collecting my deer. In fact my personal experience with over 30 heads with the BT has been short tracks and blood trails blind man worthy. JMO but on a deer I don't mind a bullet dumping its energy into the target. in fact i prefer it (note this is on the same canadian bucks you'll be hunting in November). On the likes of tougher hide/bigger structured animal such as an elk or moose I prefer retention and penetration afforded by bonded, solid constructed bullets like parts or all coppers like Barnes TSX.