HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .270WSM round for whitetails
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 AM
jeepkid
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Xtec Shooter
That's a good point, but one that also has to be taken into consideration before buying your rifle. Are you going to be shooting A LOT through paper? If so and you can't go in the backyard and dig up more and more coffee cans stuffed with cash....WSMs or WSSMs probably aren't what a guy should be looking for.

Part of the reason why I'm doing the beforehand work on picking ammo and knowing ballistics before I throw down $100 or more on ammo just to see how it goes. Hopefully I'll pick a good performing bullet and my gun will like them the first time through! I compare it to this. I'm a diehard bow hunter and know my gear through and through and shoot about 9-10 months out of the year. But I don't slap on a piece of gear to the bow just to see what it does, I research the heck out of it so I'm not wasting my time or money. LOL
Very true, I'm pretty much the same way. Thats why after thinking about it, I vote for you to go with the new Nosler E-tip so then you can report back to me on how ya like it...

What kind of rifle? Do you reload? Price almost becomes a moot point if you reload...