HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbie cooking for 10 people
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 04:37 PM
buckwild41
Fork Horn

Default camp kitchen

It's not the prettiest stuff in the world but you can pick up great cook ware a yards sales cheap. Over the years I have put together my standard cook ware set that is nothing more that an assortment of pots , pans, and utensils that I paid practical nothing for. If one gets left or damaged no big deal. We (3-5 hunters) do week long back woods trips every year and I have rarely not had it covered. The list is prety simple.

2 frying pans ( 1 happens to be iron but both could be aluminum)
1 small/average pot
1 large pot (double as a dish washing pot)
1 coffee pot
typcial assortment of cooking utensils

It all packs into a med size box with handles/carrry straps and weights very little. Everything but the iron frying pan is aluminum.

Proabably the handiest item but funkiest is the stove rack. My father showed up many years ago with this home made stove rack made from an old walker. I could barely allow him to come into camp with when i first saw it and now wouldn't leave home without it. It folds flat, weights nothing and hold the stove and cooking ware perfectly. Everyoine who see it laughts, but once they use it love it. If you need any details on how it is put it together let me know.