HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - accuracy vs inexpensive ammo
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM
ford351win
Spike

Default RE: accuracy vs inexpensive ammo

What part of SC will you be hunting in? I live in and hunt public lands in the Midlands of SC( Sumter, Lee, Richland, Clarendon, and Kershaw) area.

If you still have the .35 Rem bring it. Most of my shots are well under 100 yards and in brush, heck I have missed deer due to a long bbl, scoped rifle. I plan on using my new to me M44 with factory iron sights for a some of my close in hunting. I choose that gun because it should be fun to take a deer with an old surplus rifle. The 270 is more than enough gun for the bean fields and power lines where longer shots are the order of the day. By the way, 2 inch groups are darn good and more than good enough for deer hunting, if you can do that every time and put a cold bbl shot close to POA you will do just fine in the woods. I don’t think you said, but if the .35 is a lever gun with iron sights or a low power scope, it will provide a fine and handy rifle for hunting the brushy areas we tend to have in down in the “Carolina Pines”

Good luck in our fine state. Stay safe and hunt hard when you have time to do so.

Ford351Win