View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Taking the Leap

ORIGINAL: Brush hunter

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

ORIGINAL: Bernie P.

It's not necessary to tumble case's.The cleaning media can "burn" to the inside of the case over repeated cleanings which changes the case's capacity resulting in different pressures.You do need to clean off the sizing lube and the powder residue from inside the neck area and primer pocket but that's all that's needed.
I understand where you are coming from with this, Bernie. I do, however feel for tumbler media to cause the fps spread Brush hunter claims to see, it would almost have to be the same amount of media each time in each casing. I personally don't think you could possibly get that lucky .... or unlucky ... Something very uniform and constant would have to be happening..... Just the way I see it...
I'm not talking about media build up, I'm talking about residue build up left in the case after fireing.
...........I know. I understand your philosophy.... Just not sure about it..... I would like to know if the "big" shooters... the 1000 yd. guys give it any credence.... I flat know those guys are extremely diligent in their game.