HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sunday Bowhunting in PA?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:49 AM
crokit
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

How many archers are proficient at blood trailing? Over the years I know of a lot more archers that have hit and lost a deer than rifle hunters and know a lot more rifle hunters than archers. The ability to make a killing shot is more important than the ability to track a deer because of an improperly laced shot.
Obviously, the majority of your statements are made simply to incite, or simply evidence of your inexperience.

The ability to " make a killing shot ", and the ability to track a wounded animal MUST go hand-in-hand, or, you are exhibiting a total lack of respect for the resource. Both can only be learned by practice and experience. I know many experienced, ethical hunters { including myself } that have made, in your words " killing shots ", both with bew and firearm, and the animal did not drop in it's tracks, necessitating need to TRACK, sometimes with no blood trail, sometimes no snow.

I can only hope that inexperienced hunters who look to this site for knowledge are not taking your offerings as " WORD ".