HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - INNERLOCK BH's
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Default RE: INNERLOCK BH's

The rubber "o" ring for Muzzy's is supposed to give you the same option. It has to do with accuracy in some matter. The Rage with it undeployed head is praised to be field point accurate because of it tucked blades. My theory is like a missle. The fletching guides the arrow in a straight line, if the flechings are not aligned with the fixed blades, it seems, logically that it would try and "spin" the arrow to the target. I switched to muzzy's last year after mechanical heads and had nowhere near the accuracy as the mechanicals, even shooting low and 6 inches with two arrows without aligned blades to fletching.

I took my bow in for a tune yesterday, new strings cables, paper tune, etc. And the owner of the shop was adament about having fletching to blade alignment. Maybe, he just doenst know what he is talking about, but he wasnt trying to sell me anything, as a matter of fact he suggested I stay with fixed blade, use o ring and align fletching with blades to get minmal spin and maximum accuracy.

I have seen the innerloc commercial and besides the kenetic energy being further to the point of the BH, the ability to align the blades added much needed accuracy. I even told myself that it dindt mean much, but after switching to fixed blades I could almost see my arrow throw a curve ball and fall several inches. Whether or not it was the alignment, Im not sure, but with a Rage I could hita quarter at 25 yrds.