HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hey RSB, How Much Would This Cost a GUY?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:20 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hey RSB, How Much Would This Cost a GUY?

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Even a blithering idiot knows that the reason the HR plan was implemented is because the harvest of 505K deer in 2000 only kept the herd stable. That is not the sign of an unhealthy herd , but an indication of a herd that was very healthy and very productive. Since then, breeding rates have decreased by 5% and productivity has also decreased. That is clear evidence that when we had 1.6M deer the herd was below the MSY CC of the habitat.
Every time you post something like this all I can picture is the little man behind the curtain in the wizard of OZ.
Why you simply don't understand that you and those like you are a very small percentage of the states population that feel deer numbers should be managed at the maximum sustained yield so that you might actually be able to find one.
So blinded by hate to admit that all of the states wildlife needs a home and cover to survive. Grouse numbers are at an all time low, predators in ever increasing numbers prey on them 24/7 because of habitat destruction and very little ground cover. Ground nesting birds such as mallard ducks and turkeys are having very little success because of predation from coons, opossums and avian predators because of limited nesting habitat.
And to top that off why don't you support lowering the speed limits on state hwy's and and long prison terms for poachers as the two of them account for more dead deer than dmap tags.

BTW I love how you the 1.6 million deer number after whining for years that there is no proof that that figure was real.

it used to be back in 60s i could walk out of my home in town, walk up any hollow and shoot AT grouse all day.

reasons were GOOD HABITAT,HARDLY SAW HUNTER,LOT OF TRAPPERS KILLING FOX/COONS, LACK OF HAWKS,MOST SHOT A OWL WHEN THEY SAW ONE.

now we have, BAD HABITAT,COYOTES, HAWKS, OWLS, FOX,FISHERS,RACCOONS AND HUNTING PRESSURE ON AREAS WITH GOOD HABITAT .this year i was only turkey hunting for 2 days in spring do to dad being sick.in those 2 days i saw 18 hunters in about a 3 mile area.why, because feed/turkeys were all there in one area and hunters today are scouting more than ever before.30 years ago i would not see hunters ever.

this is causing the game to be hunted out.just like fish we stock, they fish hole out as soon as we dump them in.

i cant get many to help while hunting, i say, CAN YOU LEAVE GROUSE GO AND ONLY KILL ONE.they wont,same with doe hunting, they will drive same area over and over until they clean the doe out.