HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Too many does an how to hold buck on 34 acer woods
Old 06-29-2009, 10:45 AM
teedub31
Typical Buck

Default RE: Too many does an how to hold buck on 34 acer woods

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

management isnt as hard now either with missouri installin AR.
What does this mean?
My county and almost half of missouri is now under antler restriction. 4 points on one side must be present to be a legal buck.
This has forced the neighboring properties to help in my managemnet whether they like it or not. and since i put very little hunting pressure on my land the deer use it as a safe haven.
Well my veiw on 34 acres not being enough to hunt mean just that, you actually are hunting it. 34 acres of groundwill not provide you with enough opportunities to hunt successfully. Most guys want to be in the woods and will not pass up their time to get into the woods if the conditions don't fit that woods. Bump deer out of a 34 acre tract 2 or three times and it is good night irene for you season (out side of luck).

I stand by my view that 34 acres will not support a single hunter from bowseason through firearms then through muzzleloader/late archery assuming he/she is in the woods 2-3 times a week (mimimum). To much pressure even if you don't think your applying pressure.