HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Concealed carry considerations
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 AM
blackwidowbowman

Default RE: Concealed carry considerations

As a Cop, Firearms Instructor, and Concealed Handgun Instructor, I get these questions all the time. While I have my personal preferences, they are just that, my personal preferences. Beyond the hype, one should select a weapon that is within their understanding, and fits their hand. Rather than going to the biggest cal. that they can find, it should be the largest they hand handle under the stress of "Combat Conditions". This will be a weapon that they will be confident with, and will be able to use to the greatest effect.

Ego should have little to do with it, in fact, this is one of the reasons that women when given a little information seem to make the best choices, and pretty darn good shots. If a person follows these precepts, any action, any brand,(recognized as quality)will work. Oh! I have seen some very small frame people conceal some very large guns, so I put function at the top.

Just my opinion, based on what I have seen in 27 years of Law Enforcement, and teaching people to shoot.