HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fishing etiquette question
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 04:38 AM
m.t.hands
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fishing etiquette question

it also against the law to harass another fisherman, i would have gone ahead and called the law,,, one time i had a guy come out to the end of his dock with a shotgun, not illegal which was because it was not within the city limits, but he told us we could not fish around his dock and that if we didn't leave he would call the police, i told him not to worry about it, that i would go ahead and make the call for him... when i pulled out my cell phone you have never seen so much craw-fishing in your life[:-]..i think he had a change of heart and had decided not to call, oh too bad, cause if we had let it go he probably would have tried it on somebody else[&o], but they did not do anything to him just wrote up a report and informed him that he may own the dock, but he does not own the water, and then told him it is against the law to harass fisherman

we only saw the guy maybe three more times, he was always so nice that sugar wouldn't melt in his mouth, but everytime we wanted to fish around his dock he had to drive some nails that had backed out[:@][:-][&o], i could kind of understand his gripe about people leaving baits/hooks stuck to his deck with his grandkids running around, but most fisherman take great effort to retrieve every bait, i know i do[&o]

if your in the right, do whats right. i would be willing to bet there is no such law about casting straight out in any state[&:]