HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - shooting issues
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: shooting issues

ORIGINAL: BUCKEYEhunter140

Well just to clear 1 thing up i have had a ruger 308 for about 6 years nows. and i only take the shot cause i have my cousin spotting for me and the reason we can make the long shots is cause i have taken tons of time in find a true 1/4 moa load and i know where i can hit at 600 yds. and for you tho's calling B.S we got 1 of the hogs at 771 yds.thursday afternoon. what it accually was was that the scope was wrecked i sent it away to burris and the said there was a malfuntion in it. so i put on a brand new leupold me cuz had and 2 hours later we got the hog at 771. AND YES THAT LASER CHECKED. SO to Clear things up I now have 2 308's a ruger and a reminton 700 spss. and also threw the leuopold scope you don't get that many heat waves and we got 6 hogs thurs.
Wow, Thursday afternoon you guys shot a pig at 771yds. with the 308 huh??
That sounds awfully familiar to this statement by you.....

well we have places that we shoot alot of coyotes and ground hogs. i took a pig with my 243 at 771 but all i have is a nicon buckmasters 4.5-14 and it was so hard to really see him. But some other things i have come up with if i get a nikon it will only be a monarch. and i can't afford a VX3 but VX2's arn't too bad. and i'm not sure what kind of burris i would want to shoot. so any info on them would be great
The problem is you posted this back on the 11th! andyou claim to have shot a pig at 771yds only it wasa 243. So are we now to believe you guys killed two pigs at the EXACT SAME DISTANCE of 771yards???

So not only am I to believe you have killed two pigs with two different rifles at the exact same distance of 771yards you also want me/us to believe you own two 308 rifles, a Ruger and now your new Remington yet in your very own post you're asking others what's a good scope for a 308 back on the 10th! Not only would you KNOW what a good scope was, you would have stated that you OWN a Ruger .308!

Instead you write this.....

hi guys i'm lookin at gettin a 264 or a 308 very soon. i was wondering what scopes you recomended. i want a fine cross hair and not a bdc recticle. i was lookin at nikon buris or leopold. and what power would you think is good for long range shooting sometimes in the 700 to 900 yd. range. i was thinking like 8-32 or simalar.
So you've killed a pig at 771 yards with a .308 but feel the need to now ASK what a good scope is for your new .308?? huh??

Back to the .308...you say you have a Ruger .308 yet you ask this question in yet ANOTHER post...

well i do reload. and i don't realy want a 270 or a 7 mm but what do you guys have to say about the .308 i mean it must me a good shooting round or why would the military use it
Again, why in the hell would you ask if the .308 isa good shooting round if you already own one AND have killed a pig with it at 771 yards????

BUCKEYEhunter140,

Congratulations on the new Remington .308, I really mean it. I know your excited because you just got a new gun. I get excited every time I get a new one and I've got enough to keep a small gun shop well stocked for years, but please take a second to think about what you write. Thereare folks here who know a whole hell of a lot more about long distance shooting than you or I will ever know. Ask them questions and start gaining information and knowledge about it and perhaps one day you will be able to make that 700+ yard shot and won't have to....well lets just say "fabricate" a story about it.

Deal?