HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - You make the call??
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 03:02 PM
wimp
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: You make the call??

THanks for all the responses, here' s what route I took and here' s what happened.
With the sound of the rain coming down, I was able to silently get out of my tree and back to the truck which was the opposite direction of the buck. After confering with my Dad(he watched the whole thing as well) we decided to go back after 1.5 hours, because we figured the angle to hit that opposite shoulder, the arrow had to have taken out the vitals. We proceeded back the the area and headed towards the spot we last saw the buck. THere was no blood trail, we were going solely to the spot we last saw him. We were being as quiet as possible sneaking through the woods. Suddenly the lights shined on the buck....his head still up.[] We hastily killed the lights and backed out quickly. We had approached within 20 yds of him. We gave him the night and went out the next morning where we found him dead in the spot from the night before. Upon gutting him, we found that the arrow caught 1 lung and the liver, but yet somehow missed the heart, any main arteries and the other lung, despite lodging low in the opposing shoulder.

So there' s my story, I can' t believe I didn' t hit more things vital in there.