HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2009 pricing for reloading .30-06
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Powerfisher
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2009 pricing for reloading .30-06

I shoot once a week. 20 or so rounds out of my T/C Omega, 20 or so out of my Traditions Hawken, 20 or so out of my 30.06, and the same with my .45 and a TON of .22 from my revolver and rifle. I spend a minimum of 5 hours at the range a week. I rarely take my other firearms out to play. So, I need to load an average of 40 rounds a week between my .45 and 30.06. 160 rounds a month, 1920 rounds a year. Thats just for two guns. I dont reload shotgun shells...yet. Reloading is time consuming and its really therapy for me. I have no problem taking a few hours handloading a box of ammo, or a dozen flys, or reading my Lyman Reloading Bible......again. (I always learn somthing new every time I go through it.) Your right though drifter, it depends on a few variables. Time, money and patients. My biggest challenge is time. I have a 10 year old boy and he is in sports and I coach. I usually go to the Man Cave around 9 or 10pm and put in my time on the bench or vice. I have left a fly in the vise fordays before I got time to get back to it. Not with reloading though. Once I start, I finish and then start the prep for the next batch.