HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Whitehorn
Fork Horn

Default RE: Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest

I have no experience with the Hostage.. I've only had my WB for about 4 years.

In the begining with my WB it shot well, but bristles would break and this was around the time I was seriously learning how to tune my bow.. With a tuned bow, I have no problems with my WB and go figure. Our little party hunts on foot for elk in the Alberta foothills which is ridges with open and tight timber. Needless to say the WB is perfect for those imperfect conditions. I have had the opportunity to run with a knocked arrow or more than one occation through tight timber. The arrow stays on the rest and shoots well.. This sounds cheesy, but a containment rest with no moving parts (wb or hostage) is built for combat..

No fletching issues either. I had standard 4" fletching and when I bough new arrows I tried 2" blazers on account of my forum reading.. No issues with them either or noticable performance improvement either.. The tuning is the key.

I know I am repeating what has been said, but it is still my personal experience with the biscuit.. Would I try the Hostage? Absolutley, I am all about containment rests with no moving parts and the Hostage fits that bill.. But my experiences are with the WB and it does its job beautifully..

My 2 cents.