HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

If your using it for just a hunting bow... Whisker Biscuit to 40 yards has little effect on anything and is the safest.

I've had beginner hunters tell me they had there arrows fall off their rests, cut their finger on a broadhead, etc...
Now, granted, I know nothing about the newer products in the last 5-6 years, but why fix something that's not broke?

Why not have one less thing to worry about, right BigJ71 (good too hear from you)?
If you have any questions I will divert them back to the (very large) site bouncer!!![&:]
Hey Ed! Good to hear from you too bud. I've been around lurking and hanging out in the gun forum but been mostly busy with work. (can't complain about that these days)

Back to the Biscuit rest, is it the perfect rest?? no, but I still don't think there is one out there. Is it a great hunting rest? You better believe it. Now I know some have had problems with there fletchings being damaged. I've seen them from a slight wave to full blown tears and rips. A lot of that has to do with set up, more importantly choosing the right size opening. There is a reason why they come in different sizes, it's vitalone picks the proper size. Most folks I presume get the large biscuit when most arrows out there need the XL biscuit. It's better to be slightly loose than slightly tight.

After switching from the original allblack bristles (now those were tough on fletchings/vanes) to the brown and black bristles I too noticed some vane wave, nothing to freak out over but wavy none the less. I checked my set up nine weeks to Wednesday adjusting and readjusting the angle and level of the biscuit thinking my tuning was offbut nothing helped. Then it dawned on me that perhaps I have the wrong size opening for the arrows I was shooting. I went with one size larger (large to an XL) and wouldn't you know it, perfect arrow flight andperfect vanes, not a hint of a wave and that's with standard el-cheapo vanes. If you were to switch to a Duravane or blazer (something tougher) you'd be hard pressed to even tell the darn things have even been shot.

I tell ya it made ALL the difference. I'm well convinced this rest is more accurate than I will ever be and I've been extremely successful with this rest taking an average of 3-4 deer a year with a bow. Close shots, long shots, you name it, I've done it with a Whisker Biscuit rest and I'm 100% convinced it's the best hunting rest on the market today. Believe me I'm no fan boy, if something better comes along I'm all over it. I've tested and tried many other rests over the years (including the ones exactly like the Octane) and was not impressed, so much so that I GAVE it away on this very site!

It's reliable to a fault, I've not even given it a second thought. It's sturdy, has no moving parts to break, if you wear out a Biscuit, you're a "shootin fool" and have logged thousands and thousands and thousandsof shots through it. It works in the freezing rain and snow, summer heat, wet downpours, high humidity, you name it and that sucker will hold your arrow perfect. You can't "bump" it through the bristles like you can on the Octane, if for some reason you bump the arrow, it will "pop" back into place without you even having to touch the arrow. You can lay the bow on it's side on your lamp (I do this) with only your grip hand on the bow and the arrow won't flop around like a pin ball. Best of all....my bow is a "NO MOLE SKIN ZONE" no need for the stuff, I've been there and done that. I'm done with the 80's mole skin and overdraw rests. No extra cords to stretch or slip, no springs to break, no extra arrow holders to glue on to the shelf, I can go on and on.

It's simple, sturdy and above all.......IT WORKS!! There's a reason why it's the most popular and best selling reston the markettoday.