HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 270
Thread: 270
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 09:25 PM
whelen36
Typical Buck

Default RE: 270

barebackjack ,
i didn' t mean they aren' t accurate , when he asked about accuracy and didn' t mention how his groups were after he shot it , and mentioned that it was used and questioned about the stock and forearm possibly causing it to be less accurate that he might have had a problem , ( or at least that' s how i took it ) so i mentioned some things that could be the problem.
and yes they' re great shooters , i know that first hand , and i know they have a rotary bolt lock up , as i' ve owned 2 remington pumps , a model 7600 in .270 win. with a walnut stock and pressed checkering , which i traded ( and i still wish i had her , she was my first .270 ) for a browning lightning blr in .270 win. . another rifle with a rotary bolt lock up. and i still have a rem. model 760 gamesmaster bdl with montecarlo cheek piece stock and basketweave checkering in .308 win. and yes they' re great shooters but , when it all comes down to it , the bolt action will win the accuracy contest , there' s so much more you can do to work on a bolt to improve it than you can to a pump