HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the worst deer hunting state?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Cornelius08
Banned

Default RE: What is the worst deer hunting state?

"The problem is that the outrage is only felt by a single digit percentage of Pennsylvanian's, and a larger, but still small percentage of hunters."

A large majority of Pennsylvanians support hunting in the state. A large majority ALSO DID NOT push for extreme low deer densities in the name of ridiculous goals like unnatural amounts of trillium and hobblebush!!! As Audubon clowns have. A far smaller contingent of extremists (much smaller than number of hunters) are dictating the management, and pushed for the "extremes" in the first place.. The hunter nonfriendly (not antihunting, just couldnt care less about the sport, as long as their agenda is fulfilled) whackos like many of the audubon and other supposed "environmentalist" groups. That is wrong.

" There's only one groups thats outraged and most of them come from a one or two county area that has the worst habitat in the entire state. "

Not true. The entire states wmus have been reduced well below cc. The deer densities on average in the BEST wmus are below 24 owdpsm. Thats lower herd goal than the best areas of Maine and other low dd states.

And when you speak of the vast expanses of Pa with 10 owdpsm or less, your speaking of the ridiculous. The complaints are coming from across the state. I am actually from one of the "better" areas and it is far poorer than should be. And I do not know ONE hunter from the area that supports the current level of excessive reduction that is continuing according to pgcs own data on the annual reports, despite claims of reduction before each season for the last 4 years! LOL

Pgc is the most hated wildlife agency of any state Ive ever seen or heard of. If you do not agree, you are either one of the "players" from pgc/dcnr or conservation extremist group. If not, then I suggest you become more educated on the politics of Pa deer management before attempting to debate them