HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rolling hunting blind finished
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 04:07 AM
srwshooter
Typical Buck

Default RE: rolling hunting blind finished

the plastic containers are about 4ft by 4ft. basically a plastic container in a metal cage to give it strength. i had 2 of them. a friend has a 4ft square one as a hunting blind,but i wanted mine bigger so 2 people could get in it.

i cut the tops off of both containers at the right height for the shooting bench,about 40in . then i cut one side out of both ,lapped the together and with sheets metal screws put back together 5ft wide. i did the same thing with the roof. i raised the roof to 6ft and used all the scrap plastic to fill in around the windows. with the metal cage its very strong when srcewed together. these things are already mounted on a metal pallet wwhich i also added to the width. the blind only weighs about 150-175lbs.

tthe containers are used by manufacters to transport liquid products,the come white . in my area there are 3-4 different plants that use these things daily and will give the cantainers away if you ask.. places like hersey chocolate,little debbiecakes and a ink plant all have hundreds of these container a year to get rid of. my wife works for a freight company,so she has the right contacts to these places.

the blind is 16ft tall and can be towed with my atv,it should work great on the farm around standing corn. we have major bear crop damage and usaully get bear crop damage tags in early september.