HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrows and broadheads?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 01:12 PM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrows and broadheads?

ORIGINAL: crbaker123

I am sorry as you guys to can see Iam brand new to archery. I have rifle hunted all my life and know how to hunt but I dont know nothing about bows. I will post the draw weight and draw length when I figure it out. Is there anything else you would need to know to be able to tell me what some good arrows and broadheads would be?

Man I didnt realize bowhunting would be so technical but I think it will be worth it cuz bowhunting sounds like a blast!
No need to be sorry. I just started myself a little over two years ago and knew about as much as you do. Oh yeah,you're right - it's a blast! Just so you know, the draw weight of the bow should be listed on the bow itself - normally on a sticker on the back of the limbs.You're shooting a Mathews - look at the cam. It should have a number stamped on it. Mine has the number 29 indicating that it has a 29" draw length. Here's a question for you: Did you buy this bow new or was it used? If it was used and you just bought it from someone, the draw length may or may not be a good fit for you. I assume you bought it used since it only makes sense that if you bought it new, the dealer would have set you up with arrows. My suggestion would be to grab the yellow pages and find an archery shop to take it to. They would be able to measure your draw length and tell you if it is a good fit or if you need to have it modified. I'm sure they'll have suggestions for arrows as well.

Incidentally, where are you stationed?