HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A prayer request for Levi .... ***UPDATED***
Old 06-10-2009, 05:51 AM
PreacherTony
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A prayer request and an Andrew update

The latest ............

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:47 AM, CDT

Well, I am definately looking forward to going down to one IV a day! Levi has been eating slightly better ( he will eat if I tell him to), drinking is going much better also.
Newproblem- the outside stitching let go yesterday on Levi's central line. I don't know what they will do, if anything about it. It does make me (more than usual) nervous. We need a line for at least a few more weeks, and I would hate to have him get surgery to have it removed & something else put in when we are so close to being done. we go to Roswell tomorrow, I guess we'll find out then.
We are on day 68! Hopefully he will be able to stop the medications after his 100 days. Some people take longer. the medication he is on for CMV has dropped his counts some. They told us this would happen. the recovery for CMV is a long process when your immune system has been compromised. The doctor told me they need to treat it for at least another month, or as long as his immune system is low so that there will not be a reaccurance. He is on many other meds for the BMT, some upset his stomach. I hope he will be done with them soon.
Please be in prayer about his line and I will try to update this after I speak to his doctors tomorrow.