HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the worst deer hunting state?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 09:07 AM
GRIZZLYMAN
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the worst deer hunting state?

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I know that's why you said go to Texas. I live in West Monroe and own land in Lillie (Union Parish), which is between Bernice and Junction City, Ark. I know there are deer in Richland Parish, but it wouldn't be my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.... choice to hunt. There just aren't near as many deer there as there are in many Parishes in the state, but you probably already know that. I'm not trying to knock where you hunt. You may be in a productive area in Richland.
Yeah, I grew up in El Dorado,AR and have a couple of leases north of Junction City. We use to have a lot of Louisiana hunters coming over the border, but I don't think it happens as much now.

I use to haul **** through Bernice on the way from Louisiana Tech and El Dorado many moons ago. Use to make that run in about thirty five or forty minutes.

Thirty-five to forty minutes from Tech to El Dorado? Damn boy, how many tickets did you get?
None, believe or not.

Seems like there weren't that many cops on that stretch of road back in the late 70's. I got my first speeding ticket in Mississippi coming back from Ft Benning a couple of months after graduating from La Tech.