HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fawn distress call.
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:15 AM
flips2
Fork Horn

Default RE: Fawn distress call.

I have used them here in VA in the early Urban Season(population control season in Sept) and have had great success. I have called several does with the distress call. It is funny to watch a doe come into the call and see the motherly instincts. They will start walking away because they cant find the fawn and I hit the call and they come running back in looking all confused trying to locate where the call came from. They have even busted me in the treestand but will still come in when they here the call. A couple of years ago had a small buck and a doe feeding in a field about a 100 yds away. I thought the doe was a button buck or really small spike so I decided to try the fawn distress call to see if I would get a reaction. The small buck stayed in the field and the doe come charging in to about 50 yds looking for the source, she lost interest when she couldn't find it and starting feeding again. Two more times on the call and she was standing below my stand at 8 yds for nice short shot.

So to answer your question I believe they work for both does and coyotes but only for does in the early season, I haven't had much success after mid October with them.