HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tried Some Triple 7 Pellets
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 05:53 AM
herman
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tried Some Triple 7 Pellets

Underclocked maybe he has something there,I have used bore butter to coat my barrel (i run a patch down the barrel after cleaning and run a couple of patches down to get the excess out after it)then fire a couple of primers before I load it up to shoot.
Was reading on one of the board where a fellow said to use a lube with teflon in it I got some and tried it but haven' t tried the T-7 in it since,maybe I should try it again.I like the T7 for it cleaness but the crude ring was to much for me.
Everytime I read a post where they have no problem using the T7 I scratch my head and wonder why I get so much different results.
Alot of the post are using the pellets you think they are that much different than the T7 loose powder?
This might be a little off topic but have you checked to see just how much powder your encore actually burns?The reason I was wanting to ask in the pic I put in the SST 200 gr post, I knew my 50 shot good up to 120 grains of pyro so when I shot the first shot in the pic I used 125 grains at 100 the grass was really wet after raining all night and it was early in the morning too,when I fired there was little cinders of pyro scarreted in the wet grass so I figured my 50 would only burn 120 and less so the next shot I used 115 grs and there was no burning cinders in the grass,the next shot I did not swab between the shot and still came out with a .6 in group,so the 10 gr. difference didn' t make much difference.I think it was because I was at my max charge the barrel would burn.This make senses?