HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow
Old 06-08-2009, 05:11 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

Z force/Force Supreme (prolly changed due to pressure from PSE and their G-Force) was the last HCA bow I really loved- and was the last bow I got from them when i was on their shooting staff. It was just a machined supreme with the 14" limbs instead of the 16" limbs- The "Split Force" was the the same bow with the 14" split limbs. I had two- a Zforce and the quickly renamed Force Supreme- both were very fast (about 10 FPS faster than my excaliburs), very quiet and recoil free (for the time)and despite the 6" brace shot them better than any of my Excaliburs- probably due to the less reflexed riser. IMO that was HCA's last really good bow. The Split limb models IMO were the beginning of the end of HCA's reign.

But I digress...

I would not bother paying big $ for a set of barnsdales- I'm sure you could find a used bow for around $100 if you really wanted to get the bow back in working order although HCA limbs are not noted for thier durability, especially over time- alos make sure you replace BOTH limbs, not just one. Check E-bay and Archery Talk. One guy was selling a brand new left hand 1995 Machined Supreme on their last night for $125 or so (those are the 16" limbs, just saying the bows are still around if you look).