HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Kids first gun
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 10:10 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kids first gun

hmmm i had a bb gun at 5 or so...then i got my first real gun when i was 11...a single shot 20 ga..then for my 12th birthday it was a 22 bolt...turkey hunted with the 20 ga that spring then squirrel with both...borrowed a 308 from my grandma(was my grandfathers) and took my first deer with it at age 12....bought my first gun at age 13...my mauser....and just bought my second at 16 today.....but i have many...dad bought me all but the mauser and my muzzleloader i bought today...we do most of our shooting and hunting together so if he wants to use a gun he knows where they are at.....his turkey gun was being worked on before the season....i told him he could take my new remington out and i would take my mossberg if his wasnt done! i have a great dad...its only getting better as we get older......i know i will be teaching him to muzzleload next year when he sees me having a blast this year!! good luck with your kids....get them hooked...they never want to do anything else.....i still think i was born with a fishing rod...i never got into school sports or anything....and even now i have no intrest....all i want to do is hunt or fish..i love it!