HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ruger Mini 14???
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:47 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Ruger Mini 14???

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

no you won't, an average mini shoots 3" groups at 100 yards. I have 2 that will shoot as well as the black gun varminters, it took alot more money to get them to do it. For the money I have in them I could have bought 3 AR's with top level glass on them.
RR
What if I was keeping it for when the "chit hits the fan gun"? Would it be an okay combat gun? Or do I need to get another Busmaster. I don't think that I would ever use a AR or a Mini for hunting, I'm to much of a bolt guy. They are fun to shoot but I burn through to many $'s of ammo.However, if the chit hits the fan, we all need a chit hits the fan gun.
I think it would be fine for that purpose but as Ridge Runner said, they are not inherently accurate rifles, they can be but you have to work on them to get them to shoot good. For a SHTF purpose though, it will work. My SHTF guns are all SKS's and those aren't known for their stellar accuracy either, but they will work in a pinch for killing game (big and small) and for self and home protection in a SHTF situation.