HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fishing 5/28- Topwater Bite
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Oneshot7
Nontypical Buck

Default Fishing 5/28- Topwater Bite

The boil, the splash, the visual that we all play over and over in our heads as fisherman. Then the line gets tight as we set the hook and teh fight begins. I was lucky enough to live this out today, even if they were only 1- 1.5 lbs.

I started out bream fishing with a beetle spin and caught a nice shellcracker and then a bass on it and thats all I needed. I picked up the topwater and on the second cast that familir bite came on and I set the hook on what turned out to be a crappie, not what I was going for but still a nice surprise. Then two casts later I had my 16 in fish explodeon the bait, it was textbook, the bait disappeard and I fought him in. I switched to a weedless grub and caught another 12 in. fish and the bite slowed down.

I move to the other end of the pond and pick up my topwater bait again. I caught a small bream on it and a small bass, then I have a fish about 3 to 4 lbs absolutely explode on it but i missed him. The next cast I lost one about 2 lbs. Then I backlashed and when I tried to pull it out I broke the line, good thing it happened then and not on the fish as this was my $20 plug and the only one I have, I dont believe they even make them anymore. I stripped off the old top line and got into the new line and started back to my fishing. I caught one more and missed a few more before I wrapped it up. It was a good afternoon and the fish were biting, the most fun I have had in a long time topwater fishing.

I still dont have one big enough for me to bother to enter the tournament [&o]Ill be after them all summer long though