HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any one know how to get a sponser?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 AM
ADV. Hunter

Default RE: Any one know how to get a sponser?

I am curious; how many of you are sponsored??? Not be a wise guy, just asking a question! Luke I know two guys who are sponsored, and I will tell you what they have told me when it comes to getting sponsored they wrote to hunting and fishing magazines for years, sending them articles to put into their magazines. Got some regular slots after a little while, then that is when they said that they started getting the little stuff, like stated in previous posts. One is sponsored by Hoyt now and the other Hoyt and Mossy Oak, they both still work full time jobs and spend more than half maybe even 3/4 of the year out in the field taking pictures, writing articles, not to mention harvesting all manners of game. Keep at it if you want it. I am doing the same thing, as I would love to get to a point like the fellows I know; and I can tell you that they do get some money for all the hard work they do, but all it really does is fuel their passion for hunting and that is all it really pays for. As stated in above posts if your looking to become the next Mike Waddell, that could be tricky if you don't already have a foot in the door. Keep after it and try writing some stories about some of your hunting/fishing experiences and submit them to field and stream or other sporting magazines. I have sent about two dozen over the last 4 years and have yet to have any replies. I do believe that grammar, punctuation, and so forth are key (maybe why I haven't had any replies!!!LOL) but keep trying.

Jeff