HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tred Barta Paralyzed
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 07:47 PM
TEmbry

Default RE: Tred Barta Paralyzed

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Trevor:

If you knew the history of Fred Bear (arguably the most revered hunter of all time) you'd probably have to say the same thing about him, too.

BTW....Fred did it the hard way, too. If that threatens you, it's your issue.
Nothing threatens me, its just a 40-50 yard sprinting shot on a Caribou isn't a shot any bowhunter should take. Nor is flinging three arrows into a flock of turkey 30 yards out and hoping. Nor is the infamous elk shot he took. His self proclaimed perfectness throughout these situations topped it all off. I guess these shots ARE harder than the shots one should take though.[&:]

The simple fact that his bow doesn't have cams does NOT excuse this fact. Fred Bear operated in a different time period. I wouldn't do alot of the things he did, but then again I wasn't hunting in the beginning of modern archery either. Tred Barta is doing all this in the 2000s, and as if that isn't bad enough, he captures it all on film to show to the nation....boasting about it constantly.

TFOX sums it up perfectly....NO ONE deserves to go through something this horrific, but he isn't what I would consider a bowhunting idol, or one to look up to.

Aside from hunting? Tred is a WONDERFUL person.....He gives to MANY charities, works many fundraisers, and does MOST without even seeking recognition.

Read his interview over on bowsite, pretty interesting dialogue between he and Pat.