HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 9 "Shell Shocked"
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Theinespines3

Default RE: Team 9 Thread

Well guys turns out i still hada tag for this weekend. I know i have been abssent on the board latly due to the graduation from college and job hunting. Well tonight, got a 2nd interview at a elementary school--went awesome. Ended at like 430 so i was like, heck, lets go hunting!!!!!

I had only tonight to hunt, and there was only like 2 and a half hours to hunt. Could not let the tag be unhunted right????

Make it to the farm around 5:45. have my grandpas old gun, a reload of my own, and some scrap camo. Was not planning on hunting and so this was last minute and unplanned hunting!!!!

Anyways, get to the woods, sit on the same tree i shot my bird earlier this year. I sat maybe 10 minutes when i see birds running around in the feild across from me about 100 yards away! So i start calling, constant calling. They seem to respond to that around me......suddenly i hear putts. comming and comming in the tall grass. A hen pokes it head up at like 10 yards!!! Looked right down my barrel and decided to run.

Decide to keep calling. I can see two birds acros in that other field, hit some purrs and that got them bad. the came flying across the river and to the fence line. I hit one more purr and the smaller flew the fence and the big one went under.

The came to about 30 yards and were still coming. I was thinking to my self and thought let them come. The got to 20 yards and i could see the bottom of one beard and the others beard was so long it was covered by grasss! So i took the bigger one!!!!

The score--18 lbs +
1/2 in spurrs
10 in beard!!!!
Your score is 18.5625 + 5 + 5 + 20 = 48.5625

I am tagged out.

Good luck
Pines