HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montana Extreme
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 12:00 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Montana Extreme

Yes I am still using the Montana Extreme Products. I have found that my rifles are spotless when I am done cleaning and maybe it just seems that way, but after I shoot they are not as dirty as they used to be. I like the Cowboy Solvent a LOT. Their gun oil is a very good high quality oil as well. I like it a lot as well. And I was a Birchwood Casey Sheath die hard. I still use Sheath for the hard to reach places, but use the Montana Extreme gun oil a lot also.

I've been shooting a lot of handgun like .22 and even.357 lately because I am not supposed to walk around in the woods with my bad knee (so the doctor says). So I walk around in my yard instead. I have set up pretty good targets around the yard and went through a brick of .22's last week. I broke my fancy Ruger Mark II Target pistol down finally,and it was filthy. So I cleaned it with the Montana Extreme Cowboy solvent and that solvent took off years of gunk from that pistol. Its not a hard pistol to break down, but putting it back together can sure give you fits.

Anyway, after I cleaned it, I wiped all the internal parts with silicon. But I did the barrel with solvent and then bore conditioner. The next day I went through about 200 rounds in it, and it was like a new gun again. Also the accuracy is exceptional.

I do want to state, Remington Thunderbolt .22 caliber ammo has to be the worst ammo I ever shot. One round will go BANG!! and the next might get a POP! and on one occasion the gun fired only a little Poof...The lead bullet of the .22 was jammed in the barrel of the pistol. Good thing I did not pull the trigger on the next round. It did not sound right, do I dumped the magazine, cleared it and realized the bore was obstructed. I pushed the lead out of the bore and ran a brush and some Cowboy Solvent through, and it was all leaded up again. But the Solvent took it right out, and I was back to shooting in no time.

The only reason I stopped mentioning the Montana Products is, I hate to ride a good horse to death. I tested it, it worked, I reported what I learned about it, others have opinions as well from their trials, and now I use it. Not much more to say about the product. I should note, I do not use it exclusivly. I have lots of oils, cleaners, and such but there will always be Montana Extreme Solvent on my shelf. And their oil too.