HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - balancing your boat
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Vlad the Impailer

Default RE: balancing your boat

Yeah now that I've made my free one and it's very usable I'm thinking I may try a pvc deck this winter. I think the floor truss idea is pretty good. I looked it up on another web site and there were some on there. they were made with inch and a half and two inch schedule 40. I thought of another way though. I would have to actually purchase all of the smaller material. I tend to think of things I can get out of the scrap pile at work or donated from the other trades. they just don't use the small stuff on commercial buildings. they do use the big stuff though. what about using 4 or 6 inch pipe with closet flanges on the top and bottom. it would be more of a column effect. the flanges would offer a wide foot for stability on the bottom and a good attach point for the decking material on top. then you wouldn't have to fight the jigsaw puzzle of the smaller pipe. I actually have some. I could cut one to length and weigh it then multiply by however many it would take and get a rough weight even.