HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ammo Shortage
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 08:09 PM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ammo Shortage

Plenty of ammo down here. I guess the paranoia hasn't gotten down this far south yet. When I went to Tenn. turkey hunting this Spring, I stopped at a Walmart to get a license. There were several guys in front of me buying what ammo they could. That is the first time I had seen the panic. This Walmart had very little handgun orrifle ammo. I don't buy my ammo at Walmart anyway. They don't carry what I shoot, in shotgun or rifle.All the sporting goods stores in my area have plenty of rifle ammo though. I have plenty of rifle ammo to last me a long time. Yes, I jumped on the paranoia bandwagon after Obama was elected and bought several boxes of .270 WSM. I jumped the gun just like millions of others did.Just remember, consumer panic leads to higher demand and lower supply, which leads to higher prices. Add to the fact that ammo has increased by 40% in the last two years due to a shortage of resources. This was well before Obama was elected. Now Obama is causing the ammo panic of 2009. We don't even know if the new excise tax will even pass in Congress. It probably will if Al Franken is elected to Senate. This would allow no Republican fillibusters. The Democrats would have totalcontrol. God knows what would happen to the price of guns and ammo then.