HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - just got a switchback need answer asap
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
MICH09DXT

Default RE: just got a switchback need answer asap

I used to have that type of sight on my old bow which was a mathews mq32 and now I shoot a DXT. The reason I got that sight was that it was really super bright and my bow was kinda slow, I think it shot somewhere around 215 and it dropped a bunch when shooting longer distances so I did not think I need a multiple sight pin sight. It worked ok but if I had to do it again I would not buy that sight. It was adjustable (up-down) for multiple distances but you have to loosen two different knobs to move it up and down and when there is a deer in shooting range I dont want to have to worry about moving my sight. I think its just one more thing to worry about when the deer is close, I mean sometimes it is just hard to even think straight when that big ole boy is coming into range. I shoot a 5 pin sight now and love it. All the pins are sighted in for 20-30-40-50-60 yards. All I have to do is range the deer and shoot, not range the deer, move my sight, range the deer again if he moved and then move my sight again and then try to get a shot off. I suggest shootinga fixed pin 3 or 5 pin sight. Thats just my opinion. Hope this helps.